BJUP aligns with SDG 1,2,5,7,12 on the livelihood domain which holistically covers the community to empower them through livelihood activities. BJUP has developed many SHG groups and linked them with financial institutions. We handed over these SHGs with the NRLM system. BJUP believes to work with women lead CBOs to implement core programmes.
BJUP is working to develop entrepreneurship, particularly among youth and women by providing them vocational training and linking the participants with different government schemes.
BJUP has established its own training centre, ‘Devendra Industrial Training Institute (DITI) in Nalanda. Under the affiliation of NCVT, New Delhi, the centre is constantly nurturing employability and entrepreneurship qualities in youth. Several trainees have successfully engaged in employment generation activities or in livelihood promotion activities after completing their course/training. BJUP has focused to present community-based common facility centres to enhance the livelihood opportunity and develop micro-entrepreneurship by providing capital seed money and training.
- 185 rural youth were trained in different vocational trades.
- Establishment of 4 Common Facility Centre
- 2 alumni meet and interaction held with existing students.
- 30 students placed in different industries.
- 80 students enrolled in two-trade electric and fitter.
- 80 students enrolled in computer literacy.
- Formed 100+ Self Help Group
- 15 households supported for start-up business under Income Generating Program through Financial support.
- 146 villagers participated in training to improve agriculture and livestock practice.