Bhartiya Jan Utthan Parishad (BJUP) is a secular, non-political and nonprofit voluntary organization established by a group of committed individuals in the leadership of Late Sri Devendra Prasad Singh in 1983. The group was inspired by the philosophies of the great freedom fighters and got influenced for voluntary actions after the movement of Jay Prakash Narayan for total revolution. BJUP was was established in 1983 and formally registered in 1986 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 under article XXI. BJUP started its activities from the district of Nalanda, Bihar.
Today, BJUP is one of the most streamlined organizations involved in the empowerment of the rural and marginalized communities through mutual learning, participatory action and advocacy. BJUP has developed key insights regarding the range of issues associated with the lives of rural and marginalized communities. These insights have enabled the organization to develop effective strategies for addressing the challenges associated with dalits and marginalized community development. BJUP has developed various successful models of community participation which have been widely appreciated by organizations, institutions, experts and professionals involved in the sector across the country.
BJUP has developed key expertise regarding various areas of development which includes; WASH, Child Rights, Education, Health, Women empowerment, Natural Resource Management, Livelihood, Old Age Care and other burning issues of the society.
BJUP has enabled an extensive networking with other like-minded organizations and Govt. organizations/ Departments. These networks have played important role in influencing and strengthening our programs.
General body is supreme body of BJUP that takes all policy decisions for the organization. It comprises of 18 male and female members that have strong will of social work. This body is empowered & guided by the bye-laws of the organization for undertaking important decisions like selection of executive body members, appointments of legal bodies and auditors etc. Any alteration and amendment in the bye-laws and acts of the organization will be matter of the jurisdiction of this body. Every budget and details expenses are authorized to be passed in the meetings of general body and will be executed after adaptation in general body.
BJUP’s executive body comprises of 07 members that functions for the advancement of the organization between the two annual general body meetings. Roles and responsibilities of this body are very crucial for the planning, executions of programs & administrative decision making for the progress of the organization. As per the mandate, the executive body meets every three months. The present members of the executive body are as follows:
List of members of Executive committee of Bhartiya Jan Utthan Parishad
|1||Dadhiwal Sharma||Social worker||President|
|2||Gayatri Devi||Social worker||Vice President|
|3||Abhishek Bhartiya||Social worker||General Secretary|
|4||Rewati Kumari Sinha||Social Worker||Treasurer|
|5||Nilam Sinha||House Wife||Member|
|Abhishek Bhartiya is the General Secretary cum Executive Director of the organization. He is Master's Degree Holder in Rural Development. This young and energetic chap has the rich experience of 15 years of the developmental works. In a short span time of mere thirteen years as a chief functionary of the organization he took to the new heights to his organization and successfully implemented many projects. Under his dynamic leadership the organization received some awards such as Best organization in Nawada for livelihood promotion. His competencies are in Time Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Process and Analysis, Result Based Management, Resource Mobilization, Situation Analysis and Networking. Due to his efforts BJUP is either in Executive Committee or General Members in important networks. He is the founder member of VISHWASH and NARMADA, the state level networks on Water & Sanitation and NRM respectively. His achievements-: social innovation on disaster toilet models in 2010, attended many national and international workshop on different social issues, very keen to work with grassroot level. He was also the joint Secretary of Bihar Voluntary Health Association a state level network of more than 5 years.|
Rajan Shah Manager (Programme)
|Rajan Sah, Manager (Programme). Done Master of Arts (Social Work) specialized in Community Development from Loyola Collage (University of Madras), Chennai and Urban Environmental management training programme in Japan 2010. He has having command on planning, executing, monitoring, evaluating the ongoing project, researches, Nutrition, Livelihood and SHGs management. Organized lot of workshops and seminars on different issues, attended national and international workshops and seminars. Having good skills and knowledge on Community development and disaster management. He has Eight (8)years of experience of professional social worker. He joined BJUP in 2017 January as Progamme Manager.|
Mr. Sumant Kumar
|Sumant Kumar is working with Bhartiya jan Uttahn Parishad as Manager (Finance) from August 2015. He is good in Financial Management, Accounting, Reporting and Data Vouchers settlement. Heis a BA in commerce and has good knowledge and about 5 years of experience in the area of Financial Management & Monitoring and Evaluation|
Mr. Rsushan Kumar
|Mr. Rsushan Kumar is a 26 years old Young Professional with two and half years of working experience . He is working with us for last six months as a Project Coordinator in Project ) based at Bihar Sharif,Nalanda , Bihar . He has done his Masters in Psychology from Sobhit University .He has also done his Diploma in Computer Application. Prior to working with us he has worked with Specilized Adoption AgenCy ( SSA), Darbhanga, Biha and Vertex Venture Private Limited, Bihar.|
He is a Leader and practices, skills and Can take challenges and assume responsibilities. Good analytical and observation skill.
Mr. Pankaj Kumar
|Mr. Pankaj Kumar is a Development Professional with 11 years of working experience. He is associated with us for last four years as a Project Coordinator in Vihan Project (HIV _ AIDS Project) based at Gaya, Bihar . He has done his Masters in Social Work from Allahabad Agriculture University and Bachelors in Information Technology from Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Prior to working with us he has worked with Greener Venture Private Limited, New Delhi, A to Z News Channel, New Delhi and Divya Hiamchal Newspaper, New Delhi.|
Comprehensive problem solving abilities, good verbal and written communication skills, inter personal relationships, eagerness to learn and team facilitator are his some of personal strength.
Mr. Manoj Kumar
|Manoj Kumar, (Accountant, Vihaan) is working with Bhartiya Jan Uttahn Parishad as Accountant from September 2014. He has a good experience in financial system and Accounting. He has about 9 years of experience in the area of financial system, Monitoring and outreach.|
Mr. Vijay Kumar Singh
Accountant cum cashier
|Vijay Kumar Singh (Accountant) is working with Bhartiya jan Uttahn Parishad as Accountant from August 2013. He has good experience in Financial system, Accounting and all financial records. He has about 16 years of experience in the area of Financial Management, Monitoring and outreach.|
Mr. Rajendra Sahay
|Rajendra Sahay is the most senior person in our organization and he is associated with us since December 1993. In 1993, he met our honorable founder Late Shree Devendra Prasad Singh who was very impressed with his simplicity and passion for work. After his retirement from the PWD Department Bihar Government, Mr. Sahay joined BJUP In 1993 and worked with us as Director (Admin) up to March 2015. Now he is serving our organization as a consultant (Finance). He is a man of commitment and a firm believer in the partnership of the government and the community. He has never hesitated in taking up any challenges. Lovingly called 'Bada Babu', Rajendra Sahay maintains the momentum by putting hard work; we reaffirm our faith in life and the basic goodness of mankind. He has been managing our accounts and administrative department since the inception. He has been the inspiring source of our organization|
|Mr. A.H.Faizee is an M. Phil in Child Rights & Education and in Sociology from Jamia Milliya Islamia and Delhi School of Economics, Delhi respectively. Prior to this he completed his post graduation in Sociology from AMU, PGD NGO Management from Annamalai University and Master of Human Recourse Management from Annamalai University. He beers a vast experience of more than fifteen years of working with national and international development organizations in the key roles of planning, implementation and evaluation. His past experiences of SOS Children's Villages of India, Delhi Police foundation, India Vision Foundation, Prayas Institute of Juvenile Justice, AIMS and other related works in corporate social responsibilities .His work is of great use for our organization. He has progressive responsible work experience in training, planning, implementation, evaluation, guidance and project Management. He is well trained in Human Resources Management, Planning and Strategy, Change implementation, Organizational development, Employee Relations, Child Rights, Education, Human Rights, Training & Development, Coaching/Mentoring, communication, social mobilization, networking , impact evaluation of community interventions and Leadership development.|
Mr. Faizee has worked with BJUP as Director (Program) and now he is associated with us as a consultant.
Mr. Subash kumar
|Mr.Subhash Kumar is a Diploma in Electrical. He has more than 18 years of experience in technical work. He has good understanding and experience of handling projects on technical education. He also has good team building abilities. He is working as a Principle of Devendra Industrial Training Center run by Bhartiya Jan Utahan Parishad.|
Mr. Neeraj Kumar
|Mr. Neeraj Kumar has done MCA,BCA. He has more than 3 years of experience in system management in software and hardware support. He has experience in Counseling and outreach activities also.|
Mr. Sunil Kumar
Senior social worker
|Sunil Kumar is Ph.D from Magadh University, Bodhgaya. After completion of Ph.D in 1989 he is highly engaged in teaching work. He has more than 12 year of experience in the area of education and teaching. He is working with Bhartiya Jan Utthan Parishad as a teacher. He is good in community work as well|
Mr. Deepak Kumar
|Mr. Deepak Kumar is Master in Psychology from Magadh University, Bodhgaya. He is working with Bharitya Jan Uttahn Parishad from December 2011. He has good command in the area of HIV/AIDS, Water & Sanitation and SHGs management. He is good in counseling and outreach activities.|
Mr. Mahesh Kumar Chaudhary Social worker
|Mahesh Kumar Chaudhary (ORW, TI) is working with Bhartiya jan Uttahn Parishad as outreach worker from April 2004. He is good in outreach activities and has about 13 years of experience in the area of HIV/AIDS and outreach activities.|
Mr. Birendra Kumar
|Birendra Kumar (Peer Counsellor, Vihaan) is working with Bhartiya jan Uttahn Parishad as Peer Counsellor from 2013. He is good in outreach activities and has about 5 years of experience in the area of HIV/AIDS andoutreach|
Ms. Kavita Kumari
|Kavita kumara is working with Bhartiya jan Uttahn Parishad as ORW (Out Reach Worker) from August 2015. she is good in outreach activities and has about 3 years of experience. She is very good community mobilizers and good in communication skills to conduct programme in the field.|
Ms. Mikki Kumari
|Mikki Kumari is working with Bharitya Jan Uttahn Parishad from December 2016. She has good command in the area of HIV/AIDS, Water & Sanitation, home care and SHGs management. She is good in counseling and outreach activities.|
Aims and objectives (As per BJUP’s memorandum)
- To conduct schemes and programs of Bihar State Rural Cottage Industries Association and Khadi Commission.
- To develop art culture, traditional art, craft and Indian music.
- To Train women and empower them through vocational training, establish small scale industries, cottage industries and home based industries.
- To conduct social and economic program for widow and reliant to make them independent, self reliant& to raise their dignity with special attention in the society.
- To conduct government, non government programs and schemes for Schedule Caste and Tribes for the holistic development of (men and women & children) who are socially and economically backward.
- To organize and facilitate education, training, games and sports meets gyms and other facilities for the Welfare of Youth.
- To facilitate Publication.& organize program for Promotion and Awareness of Indian Language and Culture.
- To conduct welfare schemes & programs for Holistic development of children and eradication of child labour.
- To conduct different programs for disables for their physical, mental and intellectual development and to provided economic support.
- To facilitate work & conduct different program for the development of agriculture and to train the farmers, renovation and creation of new irrigational systems.
- To implement programs and activities on Awakening inner consciousness and integrated development in the rural & urban area for the availability of resources and their utilisation for development of community.
- To implement programs and schemes in rural and urban area to promote safe drinking water, household latrines, community latrines, community and individual hygiene behaviour in the society.
- To organise training to the people to prepare compost and organic manure.
- To conduct programs to awaken labour force on minimum wage and to get other support entitlements.
- To set up counselling centre/short stay home/cr�che/hostels for Adolescent girls who are Destitute, socially excluded, widow, girl freed from brothel and women who are mentally challenged, women in need, children of working women, women in disaster & other programs related to their welfare.
- To conduct programs and projects related to conventional source of energy.
- To disseminate old and new information technology to the masses and to train them on professional usages.
- To conduct developmental, welfare schemes and programs for the mental, physical, intellectual, social, economic, educational development of women, youth and children.
- To establish library, lecture room and information centre at various level.
- To organise programs for awareness of masses on the issues of public and country interest.
- To conduct program of welfare, development, rehabilitation and empowerment of Old Age People.
- To conduct program for rain water conservation, increase the level of ground water and to keep it clean.
- To conduct various programs to ensure expansion of health facilities in the old conventional system of treatment.
- To conduct various programs and schemes for the family welfare, public health and public security.
- To conduct programs for better management of natural resources.
- To conduct programs and projects to keep environment and atmosphere clean.
- To conduct programs for livelihood generation through providing training, promotion and opportunities.
- To aware masses on road safety program and provide treatment to casualties.
- To conduct/ Organise and facilitate all other programs / activities supportive and complementary as required morally being helpful achieving the objects of social development as whole.
Society Registration: Registration No. 240/86-87 dated 13th August 1986.
FCRA Registration: Registration No. 031340020 dated 14th March 1991.
Income Tax Registration:
- 12A -38/91-92, 15th Jan 1992 and
- 80G: Letter No. AA-1/Patna/80G (5)/2012-13/2318-21 dated 11.02.2013.
|Accountable with transparency||We pursue the highest standards of accountability towards the community as well as to the various funding agencies with which we are working in partnership. All our works are transparent.|
|Inclusive and equitable||We strongly believe in the equitable development of all the communities and are committed to reduce all forms of discrimination particularly focusing on the deprived and marginalized sections of the society.|
|Democratic||We respect and ensure the democratic way of working in our work places which is reflected in the decision making processes and framing of policies at the organizational level where every one’s views are taken into account.|
|Collaborative||We collaborate with like-minded agencies at the regional, national or international level and Govt. departments that are working for the common cause in the development sector.|
|Proactive||We are always ready and alert to respond to and serve the community during the times of crisis and stand by the side of the community during its hard times irrespective of sex, race, caste, creed, class or religion.|
|Team work||We all believe in team-work.|