He was a true social worker and sacrifices his lives for social service at the young age. Mr. Singh was committed for the development of poor, deprived, marginalized-child and women of the village was his goal. In the year 1983 he thought of evolving social organization with the support of other like-minded people. So, in the year 1983, Bhartiya Jan Utthan Parishad was formed and was registered on 13th Aug, 1986 to make it a registered body.
The objective behind the formation of organization was to work flawlessly for holistic development of socially excluded marginalized and poor sections of the society. Late Mr. Devendra Prasad Singh was ahead of its time and he believed that until and unless the holistic development approach is not followed the development process are in vain. He was of the thought that people are mostly agriculturist and renovation of aahar, paen should be done which not only ensures the regular supply of water agricultural activities but also crate employment at the local level. He was appointed in a reputed position and awarded for Excellencies as follows:
* Mr. Singh was nominated as Director for Nalanda Gramin Bank for a period of seven year (1984-1991).
* He was Awarded ” Fr. James Tong Memorial Award” by Bihar Voluntary Health Association in 1997-98.
* “The Global March Award” was awarded by Mr. Kailash Satyarthi, International Coordinator, Global March against child labour in the year 1998.
* “Under his guidance the organization was awarded best performance in the field of “Communal Harmony”, “Rajgir Mahotsav” and ” Social Service” by the District Magistrate, Nalanda.
* “Man of Achievement Award 1999” was awarded by I.P.H., New Delhi
* “Gem of India Award-2000 and Achiever of the Millennium Award-2000 was awarded by All India Achievers conference, New Delhi for the best “In recognition of his outstanding services to society and excellence in his chosen field of activity”
* He was also awarded “Bharat Gaurav Award” by India International Friendship society, Delhi in 2000.
* He was appointed as Secretary- District Literacy Committee- Nalanda for a period from July 1998 to July 2000.
* “Satish Chandra Environment Award” was awarded in the year 2001 byGram Niyojan Kendra, Gaziabad after his sad posthumous.
Late Mr. Devendra Prasad Singh received all award for social development that reflects his hard-work, interest, will power and confidence to words positive change in society. He was a father figure to those who were taking new initiatives in social development sector. His aura and presence cannot be measured in the boundaries; he was courageous enough to undertake any initiatives for social service and development flawlessly. We thank him for showing us the path which leads to all round social development.
Late Devendra Prasad Singh has been dedicated for the society till his last breath. He has been Murdered by Criminals while returning from DM Residence from a Literacy programme on 26 July 2000 at evening 7 O’ clock.